Myanmar earthquake toll crosses 3,000
Digest more
Top News
Overview
Impacts
The death toll from last week's 7.7 magnitude earthquake in Myanmar rose to 3,085 people as of Thursday morning, according to an update released by the country's military government.
From ABC News
Myanmar’s ruling military government has announced a temporary ceasefire in operations against armed opposition groups to aid recovery efforts following Friday’s devastating earthquake.
From CNN
The immense scale of the disaster has piled a fresh crisis on the impoverished Southeast Asian country, where almost 20 million people were already in need of humanitarian assistance after four years...
From CNN
Read more on News Digest
A 7.7 magnitude earthquake rattled much of Southeast Asia on Friday, flattening skyscrapers and leaving more than 1,000 people dead from Myanmar to Thailand.
The death toll from the massive earthquake that hit Myanmar nearly a week ago rose Thursday to 3,085 as more bodies were found by search and rescue teams, the military-led government said. In a short statement, the military said another 4,715 people have been injured and 341 are missing.
Remarkable rescue stories from Myanmar's earthquake ruins are keeping hope alive, but aid agencies say time is running out fast, and the need for help is vast.
6don MSN
A powerful earthquake rocked Myanmar on Friday, causing extensive damage across a wide swath of one of the world’s poorest countries and prompting officials to warn that the initial death toll is
8h
Khaleej Times on MSNThailand, Myanmar quake: Junta chief attends regional summit as death toll tops 3,100Myanmar's junta leader attended a regional summit in Bangkok on Friday, a week after a massive earthquake devastated parts of the impoverished war-torn country, killing more than 3,100, and spurring an appeal for help by the United Nations chief.
A government spokesman told state-run MRTV that another 3,400 have been injured and more than 300 were missing.
The death toll from a powerful 7.7 magnitude earthquake in Myanmar jumped to more than 1,600 on Saturday as more bodies were pulled from the rubble.
6hon MSN
Shunned by most world leaders since leading a 2021 coup that overthrew an elected government, Min Aung Hlaing’s rare foreign trip exploits a window opened by the earthquake to ramp up diplomacy
The head of Myanmar’s military government, Senior Gen. Min Aung Hlaing, told a forum for relief donations in Naypyitaw that 2,719 people have now been found dead, with 4,521 others injured and 441 missing, Myanmar’s state MRTV television reported.