Myanmar junta declares quake ceasefire
Digest more
Top News
Overview
Impacts
CNN |
Aid agencies have warned that the destruction caused by the 7.7 magnitude quake is leading to a medical crisis in Myanmar.
U.S. News & World Report |
Myanmar junta leader Min Aung Hlaing will attend the regional BIMSTEC summit in Bangkok this week, Thailand's foreign ministry said on Wednesday.
NPR |
Myanmar's ruling military declared a temporary ceasefire in the country's civil war Wednesday to facilitate relief efforts following a 7.7 magnitude earthquake that has killed more than 3,000 people.
Read more on News Digest
2d
The Kyiv Independent on MSNRussia submits list of alleged Ukrainian ceasefire violations to US, UN and OSCE, Lavrov saysRussia has sent a list of alleged Ukrainian violations of the partial energy ceasefire to the U.S., the U.N., and OSCE, Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov said on April 1, according to state-owned media TASS.
UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres "is deeply alarmed" by the human toll of the intensified hostilities in Gaza and calls for the immediate restoration of the ceasefire, his spokesman said on Wednesday.
The United Nations has said it will "reduce its footprint" in the Gaza Strip after an Israeli tank strike hit one of its compounds last week, killing one staffer and wounding five others.
2don MSN
DEIR AL-BALAH, Gaza Strip — The U.N. food agency is closing all of its bakeries in the Gaza Strip, officials said Tuesday, as food supplies dwindle after Israel sealed the territory off from all imports nearly a month ago.
The United Nations on Tuesday dismissed as "ridiculous" an assertion by Israel that there was enough food in the Gaza Strip to last for a long period of time, despite the closure of all 25 bakeries in the enclave supported by the World Food Programme.
The French president will meet humanitarian and security workers next Tuesday in Arish, a transit point for international aid intended for Gaza.
Egypt early in the week made a proposal to get the troubled ceasefire back on track, following Israel’s surprise resumption of fighting.
Rwandan-backed rebels now control large parts of eastern Congo and threaten to expand their offensive west into two neighboring provinces, the top U.N. official in the conflict-torn country says
Junta chief Min Aung Hlaing rejects rebel ceasefire proposals for quake aid after the March 28 disaster. Read more at straitstimes.com.